- This event has passed.
ROBOTICS & AUTOMATION: OPEN LAB
October 4, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Get an insight into the latest robotics and automation technologies… and how they could help your business improve productivity.
Ever wondered how your business could benefit from automation? Interested to learn from others who have done it? Got an idea you’d like to discuss or need some guidance?
The MTC is opening its doors on 4th October, inviting you to come and explore the world of robotics and automation. We’ll have a range of robotics demonstrators in action and will also be showcasing the novel developments being made in robotics and automation within the EU-funded ROBOTT-NET project.
The agenda for the day will include:
- Introduction to the ROBOTT-NET project
- An overview of the ROBOTT-NET project work undertaken over the past year, including:
– Flexible robotic assembly of electronic devices
– Design for robotic welding
– Low cost robotic arm
– Feedback controlled precision non-linear acoustic NDT
– Agile robot cell for robust wire manipulation in high-complexity environments
– 3D imaging LIDAR camera for outdoor robotic applications
– Hyper flexible picking
- Tours of the MTC’s state-of-the-art workshop – we’ll have a range of robotics demonstrators in action, including collaborative robots, mobile robot platforms and dextrous manipulation
- Meet the experts – meet the engineers who have worked on these ground breaking projects, discuss ideas, sources of support and funding, the next steps in your automation journey.
- Exhibition and networking opportunities
- Get an insight into the latest robot and automation technologies
- See novel technologies in development at the MTC
- Discuss potential funding and collaboration opportunities, and support available for robot implementation
- Network with those who have implemented automation technology
- Meet the experts and discuss your ideas